When is the right time to replace your existing windows? Over time, the quality of your windows decreases and you must make a decision about the next step. Replacing your old and drafty windows can help improve the value and appearance of your home! However, knowing the perfect time to replace your home’s windows can be tricky. To make a decision about the future of your windows, consider these reasons for replacement from Renewal by Andersen!
- If your windows have difficulty staying open, staying closed or won’t close, chances are it is time to replace your window. Reasons your windows may be experiencing these problems depend on type and installation. Wooden windows often have a problem shutting because of the paint sticking, vinyl windows experience warping, and bad installation causes damaging problems.
- If you see condensation or ice on the inside of your home, it is time to look for a replacement window. While a high humidity level can cause this, normal humidity levels with condensation indicate a window problem. In addition to this, the appearance of water spots, dirt, ice and fogginess between the panes of glass signifies your window is not efficient.
- Is the air really hot or cold near the window? If your window is over ten years old, it is probably lacking the latest window technology. It is also possible that your window is suffering from a bad installation job. In either case, it is important to replace your windows to prevent extreme temperatures from seeping in.
- Another reason to get a window replacement can be noticed by the surrounding atmosphere. Does your carpet or furniture look faded? Do you hear a lot of outside noises? If this is the case, you likely have outdated window technology and your home will benefit from a replacement.
- Are your windows over 60 years old or only have single panes? In the late 1950’s, dual pane glass became the standard in the window industry. If your window is too old, it is not energy efficient and likely needs to be replaced.
If your window is suffering from any of the symptoms above, call Renewal By Andersen for a FREE consultation! We offer the latest technology and innovation in window and door replacement. For more information, browse our website at www.renewalbyandersen.com.